Friday, February 17, 2006

This is going nowhere

I finally got my 770, so I had some new enthusiasm for this. Sadly, this hasn't gotten any easier -- I had been hoping Perl would magically appear for the 770, like Python already did (thanks INdT), but that hasn't happened. In addition to Perl not being there, working with perl-modules (like sdl-perl) in arm-target-scratchbox is really difficult. So I'm out of my league here, and won't be pushing this forward before at least one the two things mentioned changes...

Getting Frozen Bubble to work on i386 scratchbox wasn't that hard -- especially after I realized that the debian version of sdl-perl is actually compatible with FB (unlike just about every other version out there). . .
I'm sorry I don't have exact notes -- like I said in the last post, I managed to completely lose my /scratchbox/ -- but here goes from memory:
  • I believe I used sdl-image from indt repos.
  • sdl-perl and FB were from debian, and needed the usual changes (mentioned in the maemo packaging tutorial), regarding installation path and dependencies in debian/control and debian/rules.
  • In addition, the file frozen-bubble needed a new
    "use lib /var/lib/install/whatever" -line ,and
  • fb_stuff.pm had a wrong path in the FPATH -variable.

If someone actually wants to do this, I'll gladly try and help. Just let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home